Roger A. Bernstein
Roger Bernstein is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP and Chair of the firm’s Immigration Practice Group. He is a Florida Board Certified immigration attorney with over 20 years of practice devoted exclusively to immigration and nationality law. He is the principal and managing member of EB5 for Florida, LLC, a federally designated EB5 Regional Center, and is a recognized expert in EB-5 Investor related issues. He focuses his practice on advising high net worth individuals, developers, and regional centers in navigating the complexity of the EB-5 program.
Roger A Bernstein is a Florida Board Certified Immigration attorney with twenty years of practice devoted exclusively to immigration law. He spent six years with the U.S. Department of Justice serving as an INS trial attorney, sector counsel to the INS' Inspections and Investigations Divisions and INS Asylum Officer. Since co-founding Bernstein Osberg-Braun, LLC in 1998, Mr. Bernstein has focused his practice on assisting immigrant investors, acquiring employment based visas and complex immigration litigation.
Mr. Bernstein has represented and counseled foreign governments, Fortune 500 companies and large-privately held companies. He has also successfully acquired non-immigrant visas and residency for hundreds of individuals who desired to live and work in the United States.
A graduate of Brown University and the University of Miami School of Law, Roger Bernstein serves as Chair on the Miami–Dade County Enterprise Zone Advisory Council. He previously has served as Chair of the Florida Bar Immigration Certification Committee, the Board of the American Jewish Committee, the Great Florida Bank Advisory Board. He is admitted to practice law in Florida, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Roger A. Bernstein is a recognized expert in EB-5 Investor related issues. He focuses his practice on advising high net worth individuals, developers and regional centers in navigating the complexity of the EB-5 program. He spent six years with the U.S. Department of Justice, serving as an INS trial attorney, sector counsel to the INS' Inspections and Investigations Divisions and INS Asylum Officer.
- Mr. Bernstein has represented and acquired visas for professionals, publicly traded Internet and high technology firms, and diverse companies representing the health care, construction, hospitality, motion picture, aviation, fashion, sports, and entertainment industries among others;
- counseled corporations and lectured widely on visa selection strategies and compliance issues;
- represented corporations at U.S. consulates abroad in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and throughout the Americas;
- due to his zealous advocacy on behalf of Elian Gonzalez, Mr. Bernstein, has appeared on national television news programs, including Larry King Live, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Burden of Proof, CNN International, and many others.
- Brown University, B.A. in International Relations and Political Science, 1989
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1992
- Admitted to Florida Bar, 1993
- Federal District Court, 1993
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2000
- US Court of Appeals for 11th circuit, 2002
- Spanish (conversational)
- Japanese (conversational)
- Chairman of the Miami-Dade County Enterprise Zone Advisory Council
- Great Florida Bank - Member of the Board of Advisors
- Aventura Marketing Council Member and Committee Chair
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Member
- Beacon Council Member
- South Florida Chapter - American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Board of Directors
- American Jewish Committee Board of Directors
- North Dade Bar Association
- AILA Border and National Security Committee Member
- Florida Bar’s Eleventh Circuit – Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Certified by Fl Bar as immigration expert, 2006
- United States Department of Justice, Superior Accomplishment Award and Outstanding Performance
- Florida Bar's Pro Bono Law Student of the Year Award
- James Mofskey Memorial, Book Award Representative